Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Lockup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bilba70

bilba70

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:31 PM

I have been experiencing lockups of my Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate machine.  It has been mainly as nights for the last few months.  It has now been more during my working hours and locking up during the day.  I tried to run the requested info.  It was hung on my machine for tasks 9 and 10, which I had to stop with a Ctrl-C after 30 minutes of running.  I was able to run the perfmon the first time fine and then can't run it again.  I did remove the LogMeIn display driver, but had a lockup after that point.  This is my development machine.  I have been running a temperature program and it locked up with all of them still sitting around 49-52 C.  Some help on where to look next would be appreciated!  I am going to re-run the MemTest86 again.

· OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

· x64
· Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
· Full retail version
· 4-5 years
· Installed on 3/3/2013

· Processor - Intel Core i7 860
· Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series
· MotherBoard - Gigabyte P55A-UD4P Rev 1.0
· Power Supply - Don't know (Built before I came to company)

· System Manufacturer - Built up here at work
· Exact model number - N/A

· Desktop

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:59 AM

I'll have a look at the reports that you've uploaded.

But, the next time the system has problems, please recover from the problems and then immediately run this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

FYI - There are a large number of Live Kernel Events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.  An Event ID 41 error is one type of LIve Kernel Event

As you've removed the LogMeIn display driver, please ensure that the rest of LogMeIn has been uninstalled (you can install a fresh copy once we're finished troubleshooting), then uninstall the problem LogMeIn device from Device Manager (right click on it and select 'Uninstall")

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F6) dates from 2009.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Please visit the Gigabyte website and download/install the drivers for your Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device (a storage controller on your motherboard).

Beyond that - as this is a work machine, I'd have to wonder if reinstalling the OS would be advisable at this time.

Older OS's (W7 and earlier) tend to get a bit sluggish after having been installed for a while.

This system was originally installed in March of 2013.

I'd also suggest starting with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

I wonder if this is a hardware problem, so starting with the diagnostics will save us time later on.

Edited by usasma, 14 June 2016 - 06:00 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users