Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Laptop is being controlled by someone else/remote server etc.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gulledgeq

gulledgeq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hi, 

This is my first posting and I apologize if I am doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place! I have a major issue and have now for about a year. Last August maybe sooner, my boyfriend installed something called Keylogger Spy 7.1 on my laptop. I purchased my laptop brand new from HP in June 2015. It is a personal laptop for home use only. Since then so much has happened I could not even begin to explain it all. I know that I have been able to click on things like inspect and see people typing from something called "chromium" in one instance I was typing in a quickbooks application and a comment was typed asking if they were sure it was a good idea to share this with the entire web. , I also do not appear to be the administrator of my computer and have a domain account somehow registered to it, also my hard drive now seems to be crashing and it happened after I uninstalled one of my external hard drives from my computer, (I have three external hard drives all of which became inaccessible after the keylogger installed) So I believe my boyfriend also did something to stop me from accessing them. I know whatever is happening is happening through my windows account and I believe some form of active directory. It also accesses my telephone I believe as well. Malware and virus scans show nothing and I am at my wits end, I think that somehow it may also involve my internet router. I've restored to factory settings several times, but it keeps coming back. How do I get my laptop back to being just mine with no domain controlling it and find out if it is indeed being remotely accessed or if data is being sent somewhere else? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

what I recommend is turning pc on press F11 repeatedly go into troubleshoot hp recovery manager perform a system recovery without backing anything up (to help eliminate the keylogger and other installed programs by him) once done the pc will be as if it is brand new

this is the simplest way to reclaim your PC for yourself and by far the easiest, there are other alternatives that im sure other people may offer you but if your willing to start from scratch this is your best option

#3 xXTheEncrypticXx

xXTheEncrypticXx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hi.

You can either go through registry, task scheduler, services, and other things until you can find what is running on your PC, or just reinstalling everything.

I think I have found a sample of this malware and I'll try and make a reply on manually removing it.

Edited by xXTheEncrypticXx, 14 June 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#4 xXTheEncrypticXx

xXTheEncrypticXx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Welp, I can't find a sample. Ah well.

Appparently you can uninstall it from programs, but it may leave things behind.

#5 oldguyjesse67

oldguyjesse67

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

what I recommend is turning pc on press F11 repeatedly go into troubleshoot hp recovery manager perform a system recovery without backing anything up (to help eliminate the keylogger and other installed programs by him) once done the pc will be as if it is brand new

this is the simplest way to reclaim your PC for yourself and by far the easiest, there are other alternatives that im sure other people may offer you but if your willing to start from scratch this is your best option

Yep, I'd get rid of it all and start fresh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users