Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

only MMC snap in works

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cavemanwhite

cavemanwhite

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

So the quick launch icon has turned into a blank on my taskbar. When I try to access Hyper V it comes up saying the .EXE does not exist. I cant even access Hyper V manager without having to open up the MMC snap in and then I have to save its state to pick up where I left off. What caused this to even happen? I ran all my scans and nothing came up still, so I just re imaged my computer. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iqchicken

iqchicken

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

To me this has every tell-tale sign of being a corrupted file. Sounds like you're back up and running with a re-image though eh?

I'd guess either your windows icon database got corrupted (which can be fixed with a reset of it) or some other essential registry chunk got screwy or both. I'd be curious to see how old your hdd was too. The older they get, the quicker weird things happen - like suddenly corrupted files.

Of course, I'm a bit of an "old school" expert. My detective work might be out of date now for all I know.

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-2 STICKS OF 16GB DDR 3 RAM (G.Skill F3-10666CL9-8GBNT)

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel and uninstall the Hyper V.  Download it and install it.

Please run sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To open the Command Prompt press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click/tap on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste in sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

This will take a while,  have patience and allow it finish.  Stopping this scan could damage files.  

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

To find sfc /scannow log, reopen the Elevated Command Prompt using the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key method outlined in the instructions above. 

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the following in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click/tap on this to open the log, copy and paste it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users