Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost receiver for Digital Innovations wireless keyboard/mouse. Replacement?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mercycroft

mercycroft

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi. I recently bought Digital Innovations 'wireless keyboard and easy glide mouse's from Walmart. I then misplaced the receiver. The only model number I see in package literature is 4270100.

I have googled some, and it seems these receivers aren't universal (makes sense for multiple reasons, I know). I haven't been able to find an online vendor for a replacement receiver that would seem to be compatible. Digital innovations website doesn't list a receiver as a product they sell alone. I emailed digital innovations, but they haven't got back to me yet.

Does anyone know where I can get a compatible receiver online, without having to buy another mouse or keyboard?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

I would ask Digital Innovations if the receiver is Bluetooth. If that is the case you can purchase USB Bluetooth receivers on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-4-0-USB-2-0-CSR4-0-Dongle-Adapter-for-PC-LAPTOP-WIN-XP-VISTA-7-8-10-/231273407094?hash=item35d8f82276:g:TzwAAOSwDk5Ts96p

#3 mercycroft

mercycroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Reviewing the description on the website, I think this is not bluetooth. It says 2.4 GHz wireless.

http://www.digitalinnovations.com/products/wireless-keyboard-easyglide-mouse/?support=true

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

From Wiki

Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances (using short-wavelength UHF radio waves in the ISM band from 2.4 to 2.485 GHz[4]) from fixed and mobile devices, and building personal area networks (PANs). Invented by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994,[5] it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables. It can connect several devices, overcoming problems of synchronization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

#5 mercycroft

mercycroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

I just got an E-mail from the company. I emailed them back asking if it's bluetooth.

Wouldn't the description say it was bluetooth if it was though? I've seen wireless keyboards/mice sold on Amazon and walmart, labeled as bluetooth.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

It should but it doesn't hurt to verify it with the company. Does the company sell the receiver as a standalone item?

#7 mercycroft

mercycroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

They don't. But they still haven't answered me if it's bluetooth or not.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

If the keyboard and mouse are not bluetooth and they do not sell a receiver then you are out of luck. 

http://www.goldtouch.com/bluetooth-vs-wireless-device-technology/

As a rule, wireless receivers come with a proprietary device from a name brand manufacturer. That means they generally will only pair with that device or with others from the manufacturer. What’s more, when you lose a dongle, you often have to replace the entire device, since dongles are typically married solely to your single unit.  Bluetooth technology, on the other hand, plays nice with any Bluetooth-enabled device, regardless of who makes it or how it’s been paired. In that way, Bluetooth is much more widely compatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users