Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long range router with penetrating capability .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ofekl

ofekl

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

Well , I have a big house and I need a long range router that will penetrate walls . Including 0.5meter wall . If possible .
I tried wireless extenders but they are a bleep to use and dont work properly .
I also dont have the option to use an Ethernet cable throughout the house.
Im in need of a long range router . 
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Wifi "strength" is controlled in the US so you will only find so much on the consumer end. What router do you have now? What kind of Wifi do the devices have that would be connecting? 

In general, range is given as LOS. There isn't a clear way of determining how much wall it will go through. Your better off with 2.4Ghz then 5 but dealing with any stone in the building material I think you are going to be out of luck. 

Have you considered powerline? Do you have coaxial outlets in the room you want internet?

#3 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

Wifi "strength" is controlled in the US so you will only find so much on the consumer end. What router do you have now? What kind of Wifi do the devices have that would be connecting? 

In general, range is given as LOS. There isn't a clear way of determining how much wall it will go through. Your better off with 2.4Ghz then 5 but dealing with any stone in the building material I think you are going to be out of luck. 

Have you considered powerline? Do you have coaxial outlets in the room you want internet?

I dont live in the US .

You probably won't know this router because it's only produced in my country but D LINK DSL 6850U .

I dont know what powerlines are and if they are supported in my country .
I dont have coaxial outlets .

I heard OnHub is good for a good house

Edited by ofekl, 13 June 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

Nevermind. I think I may be too technical for this question. Good luck.

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

By the sound of it you need to look into getting a couple DLink wifi extenders. Something like this Here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users