Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sunday, June 12, 2016 Orlando, Florida

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

half-staff-flags2.jpg

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 June 2016 - 08:18 AM.
moved from General Chat to Speak Easy

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

why they at half mast?

#3 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Our president order it after a monster slaughtered 50 and possibly more will die of the 50+ wounded.

The Monster:

_89954181_hi033433112.jpg

Officials have named the suspect as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old from Fort Pierce, a city about two hours drive south of Orlando, in St Lucie County.

An FBI spokesman said the gunman phoned emergency services before the attack and pledged allegiance to Islamic State group.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick Tweeted a few hours after the slaughter..."Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"....it was a gay bar where the shooting took place.

Edited by buddy215, 12 June 2016 - 03:38 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

slaughter? damn this is the first im hearing of this

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

slaughter? damn this is the first im hearing of this

Been all over the news here in australia.

I think its time to end the scum on this earth, the oxygen thieves once and for all.

It appears trump will now gain power because from all my yankie mates, they have had a gut full of religious extremists shooting people such as this.

50 people for christ sake america its time to wake up and do what australia has done, ban automatic riffles.

Also the excuse "If they all; had guns this wouldnt happen", do you really want to live in a  country where everyone has a gun?

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 12 June 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#6 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

There has been a de facto ban on automatic weapons in the US since 1934.  Fewer than 10 crimes have involved automatic weapons since then.

Trump will gain power from this because politically correct Obummer refuses to address the real problem - radical Islamic terrorism.  We wouldn't want to offend our Muslim friends, would we?

#7 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

I read today that america has had 173 or maybe it was 73 mass shootings this year alone with over 230 dead from them.

They say mass which includes anything over 4 people or more.

Not sure where you get 10 from because i can think or more than that just in gang related and school shootings in the past few years let alone 82 years!

here is one list

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

here i another

http://www.shootingtracker.com/

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 12 June 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#8 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

None of those involved automatic rifles.  They may have involved look-alike semi-automatic rifles..

#9 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

Guns are not the issue , its the person using it , but remember any gun kills either obtained illegally or not ..still legally available in US.

Semi Auto / Fully Auto / Rifles / Handguns they all kill , if you have a gun and 40 people dont and we are all at a Park , the maniac Wins and why ? because its his agenda to kill , and fear sets in for the innocent people and panic.

Take away the guns and it becomes knives , take away the knives and its poisons , etc etc.

These Fanatics are educated in theories , untrue facts , false religion of no purpose , and decided to come to better countries to fulfill a better life but didnt leave their garbage behind  ? So why are they here ? And we let them in to destroy our livelyhood after they destroyed their own countries.

Its happening everywhere around the world and theres no easy answer , well there is Governments need to set the rules and Laws , dont like it dont come.

#10 cavemanwhite

cavemanwhite

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

Unfortunately we will never be able to fix the "root of the problem" cause everyone is too busy pointing fingers. However I was reading earlier that ISIS did take responsibility for it. Now whether that is true or not is a horse of a whole other color. 

#11 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

The problem is, its all coming and steams from Muslim countries but ohhh my god if you try and say that you are labeled a racist but religion is not a race!

Its fact, most if not all Muslim countries have destroyed their own towns, cities, country and now its happening there (USA), happening here in australia and has been happening in france, germany, UK, and holland.

We the people need to be able to state the truths with out being labeled a racist, every time i turn the TV on it isn't Christians or Buddhists killing people, its not even Vietnamese or Chinese its always Muslims, it has never ended and wont end after 2000 + years of war.

Frankly i have had enough, any one ever been to western sydney? My pop and his father would be rolling in their graves knowing what is happening with the spread of islam against the world and im sorry if it sounds rude but its just getting to the point where vigilantes start taking action into their own hands because god forbid the governments are just pandering to the tree hugging minority's.

Australia was and is built of immigration but we accepted people from everywhere, not just one part of the globe whose religious texts go against everything me and everyone i knew was brought up to believe.

/rant

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 12 June 2016 - 10:28 PM.

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

On gun violence Mr Obama said: "To actively do nothing is a decision as well."

.....which leads us to ask the necessary question...."and what, exactly, has America done ?

The answer is staring us in the face from almost every news outlet in the world, and by the evidence before our eyes.

Nothing.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:42 AM

There was an arrest yesterday of someone who said he wanted to attend the Gay Pride Parade in California and look for a friend....James Wesley Howell, 20.

Don't know what religion he participates in if any. But I don't think he is a Muslim convert. Seems he drove from Indiana where he lived and had

recently been arrested in Indiana for pointing a gun at neighbors. Eventually sentenced and put on probation. As to why he was in possession of

assault weapons and explosive making materials and if his intentions were to slaughter those in the parade...I don't think has been determined.

As expected, the Republican pols, all having extremely poor memories, somehow blame Democrats for yesterday's slaughter. It shouldn't be necessary,

but Bush was not inaugurated as president on Sept. 12, 2001. Bush did start an unnecessary war using his lies and other lies from the Bush league

as the reason to do so. Seems promoting the sale and distribution of weapons of mass destruction....in the Republican pols minds...is not worth mentioning

or responsible for hundreds of mass murders. The do nothing Republican pols except for promoting dissension and decreasing the taxes of the billionaires.

Do you really think a Republican who thinks the sexual orientation of those slaughtered justified their slaughter really has any desire to do less than the shooter

did? That Republican is the Texas Lt. Governor.

Some guy named Cruz from the country of Texas and Canada, thinks Democrat pols should think and behave like Republican pols to end the mass murders.

QUOTE CRUZ: For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians". END QUOTE

Seems to me in this country....the prevailing ideology of the homophobic is not Muslim....but based on similar religious ideology.

I just don't think our president using the phrase "radical Muslim terrorists" is going to end the threat of terrorism or solve the problems of

mass murders using weapons of mass destruction in this country. Neither does Cruz or Trump think that. They are just making political hay out of

yesterday's slaughter. Sadly, some voters may actually think Trump will end terrorism and mass murders. The same voters who think Global Warming

is a hoax started by China or where transgenders pee is a serious political issue.

The news this morning is reporting that the terrorist's father is an Afghan immigrant who hosted an anti-American TV show and once called the Taliban “our warrior brothers.”

Seddique Mateen appears in scores of online videos, including one he posted to Facebook right around the time of his son's rampage. In it, he wears combat fatigues and salutes the camera.

#14 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

Omar Mateen's wife left him in 2009....officially divorced in 2011. She has given a statement about him and their marriage. You can read

about it at Ex-wife calls Orlando shooter 'a sick person'

QUOTE A BIT: .......Yusufiy said Mateen desperately wanted to be a policeman and hung out with a lot of cops, often going to the shooting range with them.

But just a few weeks into the marriage, Yusufiy said, Mateen started showing another side, one of anger and control. She said Mateen made her get a job and then took the money she made.

“It was just his personal form on control. He wanted to control me and do whatever he [could] to keep me hostage,” she said.

When he was angry, he would sometimes rant about homosexuals, Yusufiy said.

“In those moments of emotional instability, he would express his anger towards [a] certain culture, homosexuality, because in Islamic culture, it is not really tolerated, homosexuality. And I know at the time he was trying to get his life straight and follow his faith,” she said.

#15 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

The New York Times is reporting the comments of a former co-worker of Mateen. It is also reporting on the FBI's investigation of Mateen prior to yesterday.

Former Co-Worker: ‘He Talked About Killing People All the Time’ - The New York Times

QUOTE A BIT:.....

According to Mr. Gilroy, who said that he had repeatedly complained to G4S, the security company that employed them, Mr. Mateen was a loud, profane presence who was prone to using racial, ethnic and sexual slurs.

Mr. Gilroy, a former police officer in Fort Pierce, described Mr. Mateen as a man who had “issues and just constant anger.”

“He was just agitated about everything, always shaken, always agitated, always mad,” said Mr. Gilroy, who said his relationship with Mr. Mateen became increasingly tense, with Mr. Mateen badgering him with text messages 20 or 30 times a day.

Mr. Gilroy, who joined G4S after a career with the Fort Pierce police and later left the security firm, said he could not provide names of any other co-workers who could support his account of Mr. Mateen’s behavior.

He expressed a measure of regret for not having pressed G4S to take more action.

“I kind of feel a little guilty that I didn’t fight harder,” Mr. Gilroy said. “If I didn’t walk away and I fought, then maybe 50 people would still be alive today.”

But he said he was not surprised to hear of what had happened in Orlando.

“I wasn’t shocked,” he said. “I saw it coming.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users