Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a way to turn on this speaker automatically

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coolos

Coolos

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I recently got a computer speaker, and was wondering if there is a way to make the speaker turn on automatically as soon as the computer turns on. So far it seems that, with plugging it in through the av ports and through an adapter, the speaker does not turn on automatically, and I must do it myself. I also have to change the "source" for the speaker to av each time. Would plugging it into the computer through line-in instead fix these problems? Is there any other way, or am I just going to have to turn it on and change the source manually every time? Thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:10 PM

If your speaker has a power adapter, you need to plug in the speaker power adapter in 

the Master Controll Outlets of a UPS Unit. The speakers should turn on when the computer

turns on.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:22 PM

It would depend on how that speaker works. If its manufacturer has a website, you may be able to download a PDF of the user manual, and see if it is supposed to power itself up when it detects an input, or if it will come back on to the same input that was used last if the power is turned off and on again. If it will, then you could use a power source with a master controlled outlet (you can get power boards that do it too) that turns on when the computer powers up, or work from the power outlet switch.

If the speaker simply doesn't have that function and it's made so has to be turned on and source selected each time, then there's no real way around that (other than leave the speaker on 24/7, which is probably not a great idea!).

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users