Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 crashed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Magnarider

Magnarider

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

I had WIndows 10 installed on my primary SSD drive and for some reason it crashed. I went to reinstall it on the SSD but it would not let me. The windows installer said that it was a MBR drive and that it could only install to a GPT drive. The only way for me to convert the drive from MBR to GPT is to erase the drive but I cant do that because I have things on there that I cant erase. So I installed a new OS on a spare HDD that I had lying around but I dont want my OS on this HDD I want the OS on my SSD drive. I can now boot the computer into my spare HDD but not my SSD which has the bad OS. Is there anyway to repair the bad OS on the SSD without reformatting the SSD?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:08 AM

If you want you can convert MBR to GPT without losing data.

Posted Image

#3 Magnarider

Magnarider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

OK Thanks ill give it a try.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

You are very welcome make sure to backup your personal data before converting HDD to GPT disk.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users