Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome history is disappearing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rael076

Rael076

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:06 AM

My version of Chrome is 49.02623.112 and i'm using XP. I used to be able to go back in my Chrome history for almost 2 years. Now I notice I can only see till Dec 2015 and no option to show older history. I had sites saved in there that I wanted to go back to at later times. Is there anyway to still view that history? If it's an issue with XP not being updated anymore I have a laptop withWindows 8. I havent used it since XP stoped getting updates. Would I be able to see my older history on there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

XP should not be used. I use Win 8.1 as well which is great despite all the criticism I use Chrome and Firefox.

I don't think there should be any history issues with Win 8.1

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

I think the problem is that Google have stopped supporting Chrome on XP, see this article here -

http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/10/16/google-retire-chrome-support-windows-xp-users-april-2015-year-microsoft-pulls-os-support/#gref

Although there is some doubt as to the exact date on which support was ended. As far as I know Firefox still works, and is supported, on XP. Chrome still works on XP, it's just no longer supported. However history is not the place to keep bookmarks - bookmarks, or favourites, is. History can be deleted at any time, bookmarks less so and can, in any case, be backed up. See 'Manage bookmarks'.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Rael076

Rael076
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:52 PM

I think the problem is that Google have stopped supporting Chrome on XP, see this article here -

http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/10/16/google-retire-chrome-support-windows-xp-users-april-2015-year-microsoft-pulls-os-support/#gref

Although there is some doubt as to the exact date on which support was ended. As far as I know Firefox still works, and is supported, on XP. Chrome still works on XP, it's just no longer supported. However history is not the place to keep bookmarks - bookmarks, or favourites, is. History can be deleted at any time, bookmarks less so and can, in any case, be backed up. See 'Manage bookmarks'.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Rael076

Rael076
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

I never figures it a problem since it always showed up. Learning the hard way now.I'm hoping the history will show up on my laptop so I can save it in a better place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users