Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cracking / Popping Noises heard from Headset & Speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 udekp

udekp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

So recently I have been experiencing problems with my sound where most of the time no sound would be outputted besides buzzing/crackling noise in replace of loud sounds.  I have attempted to use different ports and whatnot and tried both a monitor speaker and a headset.  Both have the same problems.  This all happened when my GPU started to die after updating the drivers in which I, being a total noob about things and desperate, cleaned my registry files (using CCleaner) without taking a look at what I was "fixing."  One of the times it caused no sound at all but later resolved itself and replaced that with this.  I don't know if these are related but I thought I'd mention it.  By the way, yes, I do have a new GPU now

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 (3.5 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950 (2GB)  [NEW] /  AMD Radeon 7850 (1GB)  [OLD]
RAM: 8GB (DDR3)
MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3
PSU: EVGA 500b (500W)
Headset: Turtlebeach X12
Speakers: HP 2009m Monitor Speakers

Any suggestions?   

EDIT: The headset sounds more like a whistle or hum rather than a 'crack.'

Edited by udekp, 11 June 2016 - 08:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 udekp

udekp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

FIXED

I just needed a new sound card!

#3 hamluis