Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adwcleaner deleted registry keys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzlysSinSloth

GrizzlysSinSloth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

So I ran Adwcleaner for the first time and I'm wonder if these were safe to delete?

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{649CCF8F-C1C9-4275-88B7-31CA8B31154C}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F44DC845-F9E1-4907-8D9C-1472F72E8326}

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : aol.com
[\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

Yes they are safe to Delete , if you feel you need those Search Providers you can add them back , yet they are classed as Adware { Not Malware }.

• Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
  • To restore an item that has been deleted:
  • Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.

Prior to Using any Cleaner Programs you should always create a "System Restore Point" in the event of any issues arising , or a Image of the System Drive.

I personally have not had any issues using JRT / Adwcleaner / or others.

But if you think you have issue or Malware / Viruses and not completly confident in removing them , then you should really have someone guide you in the process to remove them , the Experts can do this in the appropriate Forum.

#3 GrizzlysSinSloth

GrizzlysSinSloth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

Alright so those registrys were just for the web browser stuff that was deleted? if so then cool I thought they were some kind of malware

Edited by GrizzlysSinSloth, 11 June 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

Adware is associated with Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP), a very broad threat category which can encompass any number of different programs to include those which are benign as well as problematic.

The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing to most users. Unless you see a program name or entry that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users