Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changed internet service, now having problems loading web sites from browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AncientChord

AncientChord

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

I recently switched internet providers for a better price and higher up and down speeds. But now my google chrome and mozilla firefox web browsers are both having a hard time loading web sites and/or pages on web sites. Most of the time the little loading circle on the top left of the browser remains grey in color and circles endlessly until several different messages appear. At other times, the grey circle does turn to blue, but it still takes way too long to load. Some messages that appear say, took to long, check internet connection, or cannot find dns server, or check your proxy and fire wall. I never had this problem prior to changing internet services. I called tech at my new service, and they checked everything from their end, including re-booting the modem, and the problem remains. I'm having no problem whatsoever with the internet connection and am eventually able to load a web site, but it's time consuming, and frustrating. Can anyone help? Thanks!     

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 11 June 2016 - 05:53 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'Web browsing etc.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

The first thing I would do is go to control panel, internet options, lan settings, and make sure nothing is checked.  Also, I would open Ccleaner (install if you do not have it,) open it, and run cleaner.  Let it close whatever is open.  You can also check to see what is in start up under the tools option.  You may have lots of things there.  You can disable all to see if that helps.  Last resort would be to open device manager, under network adapters, find yours, right click and select uninstall.  Then restart.  Your computer will find the network adapter, and reinstall it.  Hopefully something helps.  If your new ISP had you install a bunch of software when you subscribed perhaps that is what is causing the issue.  You do not need any additional software to connect to cable internet.

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

How many computers/devices do you have? If one can't get online, can the others? Only wired vs wireless?

Second, what model modem you have? If it has more then 1 ethernet port it's a gateway(not modem) and should not be connected to another router unless that router is in Access Point mode. 

Last, what are the signal levels of the modem? Should be available at 192.168.100.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users