Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source - time service

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jzanon

jzanon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi, i need help with this particular warning, as I checked my father's comp, I noticed this warning came up a few times in the past... and also a warning of some music file trying to overwrite or change this file. could it be a virus? Note, that I check with malwarebytes every week. And a related file is empty - w32tm. I just checked the windows helping guide to connect all of this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jzanon

jzanon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

after further examination, my computer has it too. is this a win 10 update problem???

#3 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

This probably isn't the right forum for it, so for more detailed information I'd recommend asking this question in the Windows 10 Support forum.  But try pressing start menu and typing cmd.  Then type "w32tm /resync" If that fails type w32tm /query /status and post here what it says.  It may purely be you have an incorrect DNS or internet setting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users