Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LAPTOP FAILURE TO START COMPLETELY

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LAMAX

LAMAX

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hi guys. Av got a toshiba laptop that cannot power up at all. When i connect power cable, it displays the power and the battery lights but when i push the power button, the processor fun seems to function abit but stops suddenly and the power lights disappear and the laptop cannot start at all. Kindly help from anybody.Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:07 AM

Remove all usb stuff, all external stuff, remove battery, test with only AC power, report back.  We can "bench test/build" a laptop to a certain point.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 LAMAX

LAMAX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:15 AM

Bother av d

Remove all usb stuff, all external stuff, remove battery, test with only AC power, report back.  We can "bench test/build" a laptop to a certain point.

av done the above but nothing really is coming up.Taken out the battery, done restart and so on but nothing else.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

I assume you already cleaned off, refreshed, reseated a few times the connections from AC adapter all the way to the battery terminals inside the battery bay?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users