Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best GPU that does not need extra power..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

Like the title says... Im looking for the best GPU that does not need extra power source and only requires power from the motherboard..

I did a little bit of research before coming onto here and read a few reviews about the 2GB cards

GT 750 Ti or the GT 750 Ti SC but not the FTW version...

I currently have a GT 720 1GB...

I was going to buy a 4GB card but really can not afford one right now especially since I would have to buy a new PSU as well as mine even though its 500W, does not have a 6 pin connector...

The processor it would go with is a AMD Vishera FX-4300 Processor along with 12GB DDR 3 RAM...

Im not really worried about buying one now and later buying a new PSU and better GPU.. since I can always put it in my spare computer which only has a Radeon 5450..

Any other suggestions besides the 750 Ti or Ti SC?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

You can get PCI Express connectors with adapter. What PSU model btw?

And another thing is that PSU should have 24 pin ATX connector if video card is powered from PCI Express only.

#3 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

You can get PCI Express connectors with adapter. What PSU model btw?

And another thing is that PSU should have 24 pin ATX connector if video card is powered from PCI Express only.

I might be wrong about the PSU not having extras... I have not messed around with building much and most upgrading I have ever done has been, pretty much plug in play with the cords already there to be used.. However I see this in my case, is this some kind of power hub that I can buy connectors for and then even buy something bigger and better and go for a 4GB card... Im in way wanting to spend $400+ on a 8GB

2v0o9sj.jpg

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:42 AM

That hub seems to offer power for two SATA drives and two fans. It needs 4 pin connector from PSU however.

PSU model is what? Or if that is OEM computer, model is what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users