Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I hijacked? Yahoo Search Redirect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cassiereroni

cassiereroni

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

Even though I have my settings to start my homepage to Yahoo.com and when I open a new tab it's supposed to open on the google search page but no matter what I do both open to a yahoo search page and I can't seem to get it to change back.  

When I click on the home button it will then go to the yahoo homepage without a problem but if I do a search from there it uses the yahoo search instead of the google search it is set, and supposed to use.

I have run Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, a virus scan and cleaned up some things but can't get my computer to start with the Yahoo homepage or open the google search page when opening a new tab.

Any idea what is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

which browser are you using?

#3 cassiereroni

cassiereroni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

Chrome

#4 cassiereroni

cassiereroni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

Running an ESET scan now.  ESET reported it didn't find anything but things are back to normal it seems so far.  When I open a new tab the google search is now there.  Will find out if restarting Chrome brings me to Yahoo.com instead of the yahoo search in a bit.

Edited by cassiereroni, 11 June 2016 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users