Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An operating system wasn't found

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

I need help with my computer I have no access to my computer after installing Windows 10 from my updates it pops up as an operating system wasn't found the only thing I can do is go to f10 set up it won't let me do recovery even though it says that pushing f11 someone please help me please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

Load the Windows 10 installation media and choose repair and then choose boot problems, it should fix you right up.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:59 AM

What Windows 10 media I got Windows 10 free from my updates I can't do anything with computer now

#4 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

If you have any windows disk at all boot from it.  When it gets to the main screen press Shift F10.  A command window will pop up.  Find which drive your windows directory is on.  It may be on C: but may not.  Once you have found it, and I will assume it is C drive type in bcdboot c:\windows.  Then restart your computer.  This should work.  Good luck.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

What Windows 10 media I got Windows 10 free from my updates I can't do anything with computer now

You can obtain a copy of Windows 10 here;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Burn it to a DVD or make a bootable USB stick.

Good Luck

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

It comes up as no operating system found and I put a back up cd in it and says error on cd add another push any key to start but I don't understand how it says I can recover computer bye pushing f11 but it won't let me

#7 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

I only have blank CDs

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

A CD is not big enough, you have to use a DVD or a USB stick.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

First things first - do you have any important data on this computer that has not yet been backed up ?  If you have, you need to deal with that first. Probably the simplest way is to use a self-booting Linux CD - Puppy comes to mind - and copy your data to external storage. If you go to the Linux section here on BC and search for 'Puppy' you will find instructions on how to do this.

Part of the problem here is that this is probably going to be #9 in this topic and none of us knows yet what sort of computer you have - desktop, laptop or what. Make and model of your computer is important and useful information.

Once your data is safe then, as Rocky said, yoou need the use of a working computer and either a blank DVD or an 8GB memory stick to put the Win 10 installation files onto. If you go to this MS web-site you will find the OS and instructions on how to download the installer and use it -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Once you have it in the proper form, either on DVD or USB, then it is merely a matter of installing the OS onto your computer. This will be a full install so you are almost certainly going to have to re-install all your applications once you have got the OS up and running, and then you can put your data back.

Chris Cosgrove

#10 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

How do a put it on a DVD if it's a download never done this before

#11 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

How do a put it on a DVD if it's a download never done this before

You can just right click ISO, and select burn.  Or else you can download imgburn and burn it that way.

#12 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:40 PM

Ok it says I need a product key code and I was doing the free upgrade so it won't go through now what do I do

#13 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

Ok it says I need a product key code and I was doing the free upgrade so it won't go through now what do I do

If it says you need a product code you downloaded the wrong version.  You need to go home to home, or pro to pro.  Unless there is an option to skip.

#14 Turtlelover122577

Turtlelover122577
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

Thanks so much everyone that helped everything is back to normal thanks from the bottom of my heart u rock

#15 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Glad it worked for you.  Happy to help.  That is why we are here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users