Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dimension Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Melon109

Melon109

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

When I am searching for memory for my computer, they never have the model I do. I have a Windows 98, Dimension XPS R450. On websites they have XPS 400 and 500, but not R450. Do they round it up or down or something? Someone tell me what is wrong.
STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC! ARRGGG!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 newbeee

newbeee

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

Hi there, hope I can help. Go to forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/ in the upper left, click "technical support" > manuals > dimension desktops scroll down on the right side to XPS R___ Look at specifications about your memory, lot's of good reading. Somewhere it will tell you how to open your tower and how to replace memory, etc.
You can also enter your service tag (the little black tag on the tower has your number) and find out everything installed on your system when you bought it.
Also open "Community Forum" > dimension message board > upgrade hardware and scroll down to bottom of first page and type in XPS R in the "Search this board"
I used crucial for my new ram. You can go to http://www.crucial.com and use the make and model selector, if in doubt, you can call them direct. I had to call because their search said I had 3 slots on this Dimension4100 and I knew I had only 2.
Good luck, :thumbsup:
newbeee

#3 Melon109

Melon109
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the help. You might want to make you name a little more known. I thought you were calling me a noob. Some people might see that in the wrong way.

Edited by Melon109, 10 August 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#4 newbeee

newbeee

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:08 AM

Melon109, I certainly would never offend anyone intentionally or use name calling. I'm 60+ years old and beyond that. I've been on this forum since 2/05 (with the same name)and have learned a lot of great stuff.
I just tried to help you find the correct memory for your system by doing a little research for you. I know from experience that Dell systems are very fussy.
Good Luck,
newbeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users