Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help for Ransomeware (.cryp1) Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 plump

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

A few days ago I'd a black desktop screen and the following message -

"All your files are encrypted

Your Personal ID: 12B8D5276AB8

Download and install tor-browser:

Most of my files now have a (.cryp1) extension and others, and inaccessible now.

Please recommend - 

1. Utility to remove the ransomeware and/or other malware on my computer

2. Ways to decrypt my files

3. Utility to guard against future infections/invasions

My unit is Windows XP Pro, version 2002 with SP3; Pentium® 4.0 CPU, 2.800 GHz, 1.99GB RAM

I thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cybercynic

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

.cryp1 indicates Ultracrypter/CryptXXX encoded files. You should post in that topic for information and guidance. You also said "Most of my files have a (.crypt1) extension AND OTHERS". What are the others?

Edited by cybercynic, 10 June 2016 - 02:08 PM.

We are drowning in information - and starving for wisdom.

#3 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,728 posts
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:18 PM

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in the above support topic discussion...it includes experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users