Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer not working anymore. Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrRandom

MrRandom

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

So today I was playing Overwatch and my PC crashed (overheated probably). I decided that I need to clean my PC, so I did it with compressed air. While cleaning I took the RAM and GPU out. I cleaned the PC and put everything back together. I didn't turn it on for a while. Later, my friend came over, so I turned the PC on and tried to play WWE 2k16. The game froze, so I had to reboot the whole PC. This repeated a few times. When we gave up we tried to play PES 16 EURO. Mid match the PC froze again and it gave us the BSOD with the text SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. . It restarted itself and we just watched YouTube videos. Everything was OK. When my friend left I decided to update my AMD drivers, because of the BSOD. I updated them and when I restarted my PC watched YouTube, until Chrome crashed. It just closed itself. I started Chrome again and clicked 'Restore previous sesion' and then the PC crashed. It (just like Chrome) shut off. I booted the PC up again and checked if my RAM were being recognized (I thought lack of RAM might be the problem). Only 4gb out of 8. I shut my PC and it's power off, opened it up and fidled with the RAM (pretty sure one wasn't in correctly). When I was finished I turned the PC's power on and pressed the power button. The PC fans started (like usual) but nothing else happened. The TUF logo didn't come up on the screen like it usually does. The HDD light on my PC didn't come on. It just sat there. My monitor showed no signal from the PC. I restarted it multiple times, checked inside the PC if anything was connected, but even as I'm writing this the PC still in that state. The fan speeds up for a second from time to time, but nothing else happens.

My PC specs:
Radeon r9 290x gpu
AMD fx-8350 cpu
Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard
8gb of RAM

Please help if you can. Ask for additional info if you need it.

I know a bit about PCs, but not that much. Sorry if I sound a bit dumb sometimes. Thanks in advance.

Edited by MrRandom, 10 June 2016 - 12:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

Have you tried booting with just one stick of ram correctly seated in the first slot?

#3 MrRandom

MrRandom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Have you tried booting with just one stick of ram correctly seated in the first slot?

Chalup, you're bleep amazing. I tried turning it on this morning. Nothing. Took one stick of RAM out. It works! Put the socond one in. Works too!
I don't know why, but it worked!
I can't thank you enough!
UPDATE:
Left my PC to scan for viruses. Came back after a while and it was in the same state it was before. Restarted. Same as before. Tried the RAM thing again. Didn't work. Please help!

Edited by MrRandom, 11 June 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 MrRandom

MrRandom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:41 AM

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My PC won't start, so I can't do it. If I can somehow start my PC, I'll do that.
Thanks for the reply.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

One of the RAM module or RAM slot could be faulty try all RAM modules and RAM slots one at a time.

Posted Image

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

Sorry, I didn't see that the RAM thing didn't work the 2nd time.

Try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users