Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspected MiTM,gmail account hacked.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 implieddeny

implieddeny

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

Every time I sign out of gmail and sign back in I get the following message 'account open in 1 other location '.

The new location has the same IP.I sign out of the other session and try again, the same message.

I do not use gmail anywhere accept this computer.I am using Ubuntu.

I get the same message if using  other OS's such as Fedora on a Pen drive

or Windows 7 on another Home machine,though I only use my Ubuntu

machine.

I did the following.

1.Formatted the PC and reinstalled Ubuntu.

2.Changed ISP's ,one ISP goes through my Home phone/LInksys router the other ISP i use is wireless dongle

mobile networks,[ had caught the ISP admin doing something naughty some Years ago and warned him].

I get the same message.

3.Tried Fedora on a pen drive.Get the same message.

4.Created a VPN using zenvpn and than TOR, This showed open in two locations in a newly created gmail account...!!?

All new locations have the same IP.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Edited by implieddeny, 10 June 2016 - 05:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

"The new location has the same IP.I sign out of the other session and try again, the same message."

Are you signing out of the session you just logged into or the one "... in the other location"?

The message about the other location, it has the IP of where it is, is it the same IP as where you are just logging in from?

You sure there is nothing running in the background that may be automatically logging in (like google apps, drive, etc?)

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

#3 implieddeny

implieddeny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:14 AM

1.I sign out of the other sessions than sign out of gmail totally.Next I log back in.

2.Yes same IP,multiple sessions ?

3.Fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04 nothing running in the background as far as i now...

#4 BaronCardinal

BaronCardinal

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

I have had issues with things that are authorized by gmail showing up in the past, for example youtube.  Just a consideration.  It may also be a choice to use 2 factor authentication to bypass the risk of a man in the middle.

#5 implieddeny

implieddeny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:11 PM

I am sure now my PC  is hacked into.

I am posting this using TOR Browser, am not allowed in using mozilla, hmmm....

I even cannot open the bleeping computer website using mozilla

TOR and opera work fine, hmm...

My PC Freezes , mouse freezes ,happening since a week after a fresh installation of ubuntu 16.04 ,hmmm

Mozilla is affected not TOR or Opera.

THough all browsers show 'open in 1 other location' ,even OPera with built in VPN.

how do i setup two factor authentication ? should i try fedora ?

Edited by implieddeny, 10 June 2016 - 10:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users