Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINAERO

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Al Dee

Al Dee

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

I successfully upgraded my HP Touchsmart desk top machine from W7 to W10 with no problem. However, when I tried to download and install windows seven games all I ended up with is winanero. I don`t know what it is and I do not want it but can`t seem to find and delete it. I know I can revert back to W7 and then reinstall W10 but that seems to be a long way home. I just want to remove winaero. Can anyone help me get rid of it. Incidently, I have  upgraded  two laptops and installed w7 games with no problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hi Al:

Winaero makes Windows 7 games for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  I have those games myself.  They are safe.  See the link here.

If you want to get rid of the Windows 7 games, then go to the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and look for "Windows 7 Games for Windows 8 and 10".  You can uninstall it there.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users