Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to connect a Bluetooth headset and a Smartwatch simultaneously to a phone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kumarkush

kumarkush

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hi

I have an LG G2 LS980, a Sony SBH52 Bluetooth headset and U8+ Pro Smartwatch.

My motive is to make / receive calls and control music from the a smartwatch; and hear calls / music over SBH52.

I tried connecting Smartwatch first. The phone connected to both. But, one device is connected as "Call Audio" while the other as "Media Audio". I tried multi-connection with a SBH52 and Jabra BT2046. Again, one device is connected as "Call Audio" while the other as "Media Audio".

That kinda doesn't seem to solve the problem - make / receive calls from the Smartwatch and speak over BT headset, without ever touching the phone.

I have googled enough, but I can find only pages that say that this can be accomplished. There is no mention of how to do it.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

Hello there, 

If your smart watch is paired with the phone then you should be able to at least answer calls through the watch; and hear calls through the headset?  

Not sure if the watch has the capability to sync up with the phone and make calls though. 

Hope this helps!

#3 kumarkush

kumarkush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

Sorry for a late reply. If I pair watch with the phone, the calls are received and made through the witch's speakers, and not the headset. Tried my level hard to get things right.

#4 Natasha4rawlings

Natasha4rawlings

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hello,

You cannot simultaneously use both devices, as your device cannot really tell the difference between the two.. It just sees them as external media... U once had a smart watch that could take calls.. In such case one of the devices would be disconnected...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users