I would like to separate a small office in two where office users have access to certain printers and Guest users have access to another printer. Current Setup is just a Wifi router connected to the internet. No Server, No switch.
I have been researching this but would like your opinions on what the best option would be. Here is what I have so far:
1. Subnetting, I don't think this option would be good because it is a small office & don't want to spend too much in setup & hardware. Will this work with home routers, or do we need to set up Cisco routers??
2. Setup Print Server (WorkGroup PC), This could work but we have a few people using Apple laptops (not sure how they would work with windows authentications??
3. JetDirect Cards - I was reading they have ACL's and you are able to restrict access by IP range or individual IPs but How will I separate the IPs of the office workers from the Guest users.
4. Turn on Guest wifi access - This won't work because Guest users will only have access to internet. We need to grant them access to print.
5. Using a VLAN - Not sure how to set this up, will I need two routers 1 for office users the other for Guest Users?