Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hi I posted here before i have the same issue again, i know its to do with the HD size its only 136GB but the client is down to 7GB free space, it went to 6.38 earlier and there emails stopped working so i had to try delete logs etc i got it back to 7GB free so now there emails working but there is no option for diskcleanup in this server 2011 how can i clean up disk? is there any specific log files i can and should delete, i have usede treesize view but thats saying exchange is taking up most room, if i could do a disk clean up it might help but its not where google says it should be and when i type in cleanmgr.exe i get a message saying its not thwere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Not sure about 2011 or do you mean 2003 because thats whats in the title mate. Anyway with server 2008 up, you need to install the Windows Experience i think its called from memory as that will enable cleanmgr.exe, or use ccleaner but you really need to move the exchange database to another drive mate because the transaction logs would need to be trunicated and purged.

A good backup software will do that for you if it has exchange application awareness.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

As mentioned above (its called Windows Desktop Experience for Server 2008 and above) you can install disk cleanup. If you have a backup program (such as Windows server Backup) when the backup completes successfully it will purge the exchange logs. Also if you have SBS 2011 you can remove the WSUS role and point the computers to Microsoft for Windows Updates, Windows SBS Log files, and clear the C:\windows\Temp folder. Lastly If the Server has installed the Sharepoint Foundation 2010 Service Pack 2 see this article on configuring the update.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 androbourne

androbourne

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

I'd also download CCleaner and run a scan (do not perform registry scans/fixes on servers!).

That tool should clean up a lot of Windows and IE temp files directories. The Windows Temp directory can get pretty big, especially if it has never been dumped before.

You could also look at backing up/archiving older emails off the server onto an external drive or something to free up more space until you can add additional resources to the server.

Edited by androbourne, 14 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users