Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing Win7 to New Harddrive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kalmly

kalmly

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

When trying to install Windows to new drive, I run into this:  Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style. 

Online, I found some pretty good help here: http://www.disk-partition.com/articles/selected-disk-is-gpt-partition-style.html, but I'm very nervous about trying it. One thing is because I have to input the partition size, and I don't know what to put there. The drive is 1TB. Can I just use that? Or is there some tech term for 1TB or . . .?

Anyone have any simpler way?   - No, I can't download and install something to do it for me because I don't have the computer up and running.

Edited by kalmly, 09 June 2016 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kalmly

kalmly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Never mind. Fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users