Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playback devices do not automatically change, iTunes stops playing music...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kingwolfpup

kingwolfpup

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:32 AM

My laptop has the Conexant Smart Audio HD audio driver and in the past month or so it no longer automatically changes the playback device (headphones/speakers/HDMI...).

I am using a usb to audio stick instead of my headphone jack, since its not really working, but it clearly detects when I plug headphones into the headphone jack and changes it. But that's useless I can't use it.

I have tried to uninstall the driver but it simply does not work. It removes it from the list but it still functions fine even after a restart. I can't seem to install new ones either because the Conexant driver just overrides it. 

The main issue I have with this is that if I start iTunes, change the audio playback device at any point after that, and try and play a song, it will not work unless I restart the program. However I can't find any other program that experiences this issue. 

Changing the default device doesn't work, it eventually just does whatever it wants and changes them around. 

Suggestions?

Edited by kingwolfpup, 09 June 2016 - 05:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users