Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Appliances are getting ridiculice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

Can you believe a fridge with a built in smartphone, thats just getting lazy to a whole new level for people.  open a fridge door people!  I think its bad that these cars that stop for you now

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 08 June 2016 - 08:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

They don't talk about the singularity and internet of things for nothing.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/425818/kurzweil-responds-dont-underestimate-the-singularity/

http://www.wired.com/insights/2014/11/the-internet-of-things-bigger/

Just two articles to get you pointed in the right direction.

There are hundreds of thousands of such writings and predictions of how this will all play out.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:35 AM

Thanks Mr. Animal i really enjoyed getting my mind blown at 6:30 a.m. in the morning before my coffee!...lol.   those two articles were awesome thanks for the links and here i thought i was a news article hound..

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

You're quite welcome. One aspect of our efforts here at BleepingComputer is we try to educate when people inquire. Now you know, coffee first before BC. :lmao:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Why does the marketplace keep pushing WIFI (smart) appliances??  Must be because the public wants them right??  I don't own a smart anything, I use WIFI to eliminate the CAT5 cable from the laptop and PC for network access.  Hackers just love these new challenges.

#6 Ridernyc

Ridernyc

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

They have been pushing the internet connected fridge for at least 20 years now and it has never taken hold.

I vaguely remember a quote from someone at Oracle around '98 talking about how one day your refrigerator would run Java.

This new thing with the web cam is silly.  

They are some interesting concepts with RFID though where you be able to inventory the fridge complete with purchases dates and other info. 

Still decades away though IMHO. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users