Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

send photos automatically from camera/phone to email

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Achaemenid

Achaemenid

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

there are many ways to send photos from phones/cameras to email accounts

but these require a lot of fiddling: you have to

1. save the photos you have just taken with the phone or camera

2. then you have to open the email account through your phone

3. then you have to browse for the photos and include them as attachments to email messages.

I am looking for an app that can send copies of photos immediately from phone to email account

This could be preferably a smart phone but could be a digital camera

I would be grateful for any ideas on this.

P.S. Skype (Microsoft) recently shut down Qik, which is what I was going to us.

Edited by Achaemenid, 08 June 2016 - 05:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

What OS phone or devices do you have? There are different apps for each operating system but a camera will depend on what it supports.

#3 Achaemenid

Achaemenid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

What OS phone or devices do you have? There are different apps for each operating system but a camera will depend on what it supports.

For some reason, my response to this post did not post. Thanks for responding.

Currently I am not using a mobile device.  The photo function is the only reason at this time that I would want one.

I may have found an answer to my own question: From a smart phone I can get an instagram account and send photos in real time, according to the article referenced below.

http://webtrends.about.com/od/socialnetworkingreviews/tp/Social-Networking-Sites.htm?utm_content=6910063&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cn_nl&utm_campaign=computersl&utm_term=

This means I would need a phone and OS that allowed an Instagram app.  The article states that Instagram will work on iOS and Android.

I would want pictures I take on the phone to be sent automatically -- not requiring fiddling by me at the time -- to the instagram account where they would be saved and I could retrieve them later.

I would not want the photos to be lost if I lost the phone soon after taking the photos.

Pinterest and Tumblr are also photo apps but I don't know at this point if they accept automatic photo transmissions in real time.

Edited by Achaemenid, 15 June 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:36 AM

The link you posted was for social networking sites. Accidental paste?

As I understand, you want a "thing" that will take photos and some how send them automatically. Are you looking to buy that "thing" or use something you already have?

If you are looking to buy something, what is your price point? There are a lot of camera in the 130-150 range with built in wifi. On some you can set them to automatically sync any pictures with a Instagram/other account.

#5 Achaemenid

Achaemenid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

The link you posted was for social networking sites. Accidental paste?

As I understand, you want a "thing" that will take photos and some how send them automatically. Are you looking to buy that "thing" or use something you already have?

If you are looking to buy something, what is your price point? There are a lot of camera in the 130-150 range with built in wifi. On some you can set them to automatically sync any pictures with a Instagram/other account.

I posted the link because some of the social networking sites, like instagram, may have the functionality I need.

Yes, your understanding is correct. I want a thing that will do that immediately and automatically without my having to configure the photo transmission after taking the photos. 

This is for real time reporting under stressful conditions in which the thing I take the photos with might be damaged or otherwise lost.

Your last statement is a lifesaver.  That would be exactly what I would want.  A direct link to wifi at the time of taking the photo. And very affordable.

Can you give me a link to this please?

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Nice a price point or something to narrow it down. There are thousands of camera like the one you asked. Is there any reason you can't go to the store and look? I would understand if this was a hard to find thing... but wifi enabled cameras are everywhere. 

#7 Achaemenid

Achaemenid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

There are thousands of camera like the one you asked. ....

Can you name one?

And are the photos sent automatically at the time of shooting to the email or social network account?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users