Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

linux PDF's

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

Hi have several good linux PDF's but have no idea how to submit them to this forum.

Could someone tell me how to do it?

I believe they will be very useful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

Hi tealover, I am just trying something here.

http://imgur.com/KoW9Xnx

... and will be back in a tick to check it out.

:wizardball: Wizard

#3 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

OK, next question would be are these pdf's files on your drive, or are they at websites you can provide links for?

If the latter, of course you can put them in at Cat1092's most excellent article pinned on our front page here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542702/have-links-to-good-free-linux-libreoffice-e-books-share-them-here/

If the former - in my case I took an innocuous pdf from my drive - 1.4MB and uploaded it to my Imgur account, then made the link available.

I then logged out, went to the above Post and was able to read the document onsite, and that is without signing into or joining the site. I haven't looked further yet into downloading, and size restrictions for uploading may apply across various image hosting sites.

Others may have better ideas. Good luck and thanks for wanting to share. :thumbup2:

:wizardball: Wiz

#4 tealover

tealover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Wizard

Fires are on HDD which I would like to share with all.

#5 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:28 AM

Thanks Wizard

Fires are on HDD which I would like to share with all.

As wiz points out, you'll need to put them in a place on the web that is public and then link to that.  Same idea as when folks have pictures they want to share.  If you have a gmail account, you should have space in "Google Drive" which I think would work.  Biggest thing to remember is you have to give "world read" access to the files.

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

#6 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:58 AM

@mremski:

If "My Drive" is the same as "Google Drive", then revisiting my previous thoughts but using my Gmail account provides the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ts173Yv6O3aUdMVWgwbV8xX1E/view?usp=sharing

I've signed out of gmail, let me check that with BC's More Reply Options...

... and Yes, that has the extra option of being able to download the PDF.

That's certainly helpful to me, mremski, ta very much.

@tealover:

In my case, I have a standard free gmail account with 15GB storage, of which my email (currently) only uses 611MB. The use of the various Apps that come with the account appear to all combine with the one 15GB allowance.

If you adopt mremski's suggestion and find that it works well for you, then I would reiterate my earlier comment of posting the public links at Cat's Topic, I know he would welcome them.

Cheers

:wizardball: Wiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users