Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to connect a Bluetooth headset and a Smartwatch simultaneously to a phone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kumarkush

kumarkush

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

Hi

I have an LG G2 LS980, a Sony SBH52 Bluetooth headset and U8+ Pro Smartwatch.

My motive is to make / receive calls and control music from the a smartwatch; and hear calls / music over SBH52.

But the problem is.... I cannot connect SBH52 and U8 simultaneously to my phone. Only one device is connected to the phone at one time. While SBH52 being connected, when I try to connect U8 to phone, the phone shows both devices connected simultaneously (while the U8 shows "Connecting"). After about 10 - 15 seconds, the phone shows only SBH52 connected and U8 shows connected. If I try to make a call or play music from U8, it says" Connect to BT".

Theoratocally, Bluetooth allows 8 devices to be connected in a network, with one of them being a host. All that devices have Bluetooth 4.0. I have googleg enough, but I can find only pages that say that this can be accomplished. There is no mention of how to do it.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Try connecting smartwatch first? Also, can you connect SBH52 and another BT device? I am suspect of any 17$ smart watch made in China. 

#3 kumarkush

kumarkush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

@Trikein: Yes. You are right. U8 is a filthy 17$ smartwatch made in China. That explains a lot. Thanks.

#4 kumarkush

kumarkush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

@Trikein: I connected Smartwatch first this time. I worked. But, one device is connected as "Call Audio" while the other as "Media Audio". I tried multi-connection with a SBH52 and Jabra BT2046. Again, one device is connected as "Call Audio" while the other as "Media Audio".

That kinda doesn't seem to solve the problem - make / receive calls from the Smartwatch and speak over BT headset, without ever touching the phone.

Anything that I am missing?

#5 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

@Trikein: Yes. You are right. U8 is a filthy 17$ smartwatch made in China. That explains a lot. Thanks.

It does if trying to isolate the problem. I didn't call it filthy, but if you have 3 things that don't work together, I am going to suspect the cheapest, least standard item first.  I was explaining why I was suggesting to isolate phone issue from watch issue, which you did. ::Edit:: Actually I was confusing U8 with U8+ which is much more advanced. Apologies.

Have you seen/heard/read anywhere that your motive is technically possible? Sounds like it can't assign single audio functions to multiple devices.  2 devices can have 1 audio profile each, but 1 can't have both if other devices is trying to sync phone function. Not a android expert though, just guessing. Try android forum?

Edited by Trikein, 08 June 2016 - 02:49 PM.

#6 kumarkush

kumarkush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

Yes. I have read in many forums where folks have said that they have done it (no explicit mention whether they have done it with U8+). Also, the Jabra is acting the same way as the U8+.

Now, either the problem is with the phone or I am missing something.

#7 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

Its with the phone. Thats why I suggested asking on the Android forum. It's not a networking issue.

Edited by Trikein, 09 June 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#8 kumarkush

kumarkush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

Rightly said. Thanks for communicating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users