Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Laptop issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HarryKnutz

HarryKnutz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

I have an Asus laptop that came w/ MS Win7, then 8 then 8.1 and now Windows 10.  Since upgrading I no longer have camera use and at times the Mic as well. I contacted Asus, asking if they had a patch or will have in the future. The reply is a typical call center ****, I don't know Sir?

Has anyone else had this and if so how did you resolve it please?

:idea:  :scratchhead:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

Issues like this one are typically driver related.  I would suggest you go to the ASUS support website and look up your own machine.  There will almost certainly be device drivers there for your sound card and camera that are much newer than what were originally on the machine, given its history.  Even if the most recent date from the Windows 8.1 era, download them, uninstall the existing device drivers for those devices, and install the ones you've downloaded.

If this does not resolve the problem then report back with the details of what, if anything, may have changed.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

The first thing - make now clean install, ( if You know, what is clean install) and if then is everything the same, then can begin to look for some kind errors or problems.
If You only upgraded and upgraded all the time, then there is so much obsolete junk, that in any other way You cannot get it clean in any way.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

The first thing - make now clean install, ( if You know, what is clean install) and if then is everything the same, then can begin to look for some kind errors or problems.
If You only upgraded and upgraded all the time, then there is so much obsolete junk, that in any other way You cannot get it clean in any way.

Actually, there are lots of ways to remove the obsolete junk. Please avoid making stuff up, the spread of disinformation is not the purpose of this site...

In this case removing the old driver and then installing the newer one may work. It may be that Asus haven't written a compatible driver for these devices yet also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users