Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im not really a person that gets in the way of progress

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

Good morning Leaned gentlemen of windows 10 knowledge.    I got to thinking with the impending shut down of the free window 10 free download i got to rethinking if maybe i should get with it.  my only concern is ive always had the feeling that when i used windows 10 before it seems i had issue downloading and playing certain games, especially my Mass Effect games, ane and all my Fall Out games 1 thru New Vegas, and my Witcher Games 1 & 2, they see, to be laggy when they wasnt while on playing windows 7.  Am i dreaming or Windows 10 drivers dont play well with game files of that era, if im crazy ill go ahead and switch cause "a times they are a comin" and im not one to get in the way of progress.  Let me hear your thoughts and opinions please.  thans and again good mornong to you all.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 07 June 2016 - 10:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

There's nothing wrong with Windows 10, but then again there's nothing wrong with 7 either.  Like most folks, I don't like the Windows 8.1 user interface, but 8.1 is fine if you add the free Classic Shell.  7 is supported until 2020 and 8.1 until 2023.  By then you'll probably want/need to buy a new computer with 10 pre-installed.  So the bottom line is that there's no compelling reason to do anything; it's a matter of personal choice.  If what you have is working fine for you, I'd practice the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

The question is "Will you need a copy of W10 before it's time to buy a new computer?"

If yes, then get it now.

If no, then don't bother with it.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 johnmeehan

johnmeehan

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

I'd practice the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Good luck.

Good advice.  I have XP on a couple older machines and 98SE on an even older one.  They work for what I need to do.  In a box I also have an old XT clone with DOS 5.1 and in another box I have a Timex-Sinclair 1000 (with 16K memory module), these two no longer work for what I need to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users