Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I do it on this or do I need new one...?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Denz86

Denz86

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

Hello everyone.

In past few months I've been working on my YouTube channel which is growing so I decide now it is time for investments (sorry for my English, not main language).

The problem here is that I dont know too much about "inside computers" smile.gif 
So I hope you guys can help me out here so I can stop banging my head to wall...

I have i5-3350P 3.10GHz, 64 bit OS, 8 gb of ram memory, windows 8 (if you need anything else let me know)...

Now I am lookin for new graphic card and I have 2 option so far, Radeon R9 390 8GB 512bit - R9 390 GAMING 8G or GeForce GTX 780 3GB.
To be honest this is what makes me so nervous as I am not sure, do I need whole new procesor or not to be able to run this?
Also, I wanna add 8GB ram memory more (8+8).

My budget is 900 euros, so I was thinking 

1. New graphic card
2. Ram memory
3. Mic (yeti)
4. Other stuff...

I hope I did explain this ok so you guys can understand it, if you need anything just let me know.
Thank you in advance for any answers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:29 AM

You need 6th generation i5 processor and r9 390 8GB is best. GTX 780 is old try GTX 980 ti which give the most amazing performance but tell me one thing are you extreme gamer? 16GB ram, 2TB hard disk and 800WATTS power supply will be perfect then your pc will be powerful.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:09 AM

For graphics card, R9 390 is old stuff and GTX 780 is impossible to recommend as Nvidia's new drivers work well with only new cards. As new generation cards are coming later this month or early next month it means that:

Good options: AMD RX 480, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 + any upcoming 14/16nm cards

Bad options: Everything else.

For memory, depends on how many memory sticks are now on motherboard and how many memory slots are available.

#4 Denz86

Denz86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

Thank you guys, I will check vids Gamer...

What would you guys recomend me, which graphic card is like a max I can run ?

Right now I have this...

Intel® Core™ i5-3350P 3.10GHz
Motherboard - ASRock B75M-GL R2.0
Memory - 8GB DDR3 (2x4gb)
Graphic - Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

#5 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

Thank you guys, I will check vids Gamer...

What would you guys recomend me, which graphic card is like a max I can run ?

Right now I have this...

Intel® Core™ i5-3350P 3.10GHz
Motherboard - ASRock B75M-GL R2.0
Memory - 8GB DDR3 (2x4gb)
Graphic - Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

CPU: You probably can buy better CPU cheaply (if not cheap, forget) like i5-2500(K)/i7-2600(K)/i5-3570(K)/i7-3770(K). K-models are for overclocking that your motherboard does no support. And after that also GPU can be reconsidered.

Memory: Board has only two slots for memory so to get 16GB, you need to take away those 4GB sticks and replace them with 8GB sticks.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 07 June 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

Just look gigabyte radeon pro duo 8GB which is newer and cheaper for processor http://ark.intel.com/products/family/88392/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i7-Processors#@All and look all specification
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

Just look gigabyte radeon pro duo 8GB which is newer and cheaper for processor http://ark.intel.com/products/family/88392/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i7-Processors#@All and look all specification

i5-3350P is using LGA1155 socket...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users