Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing a HP Deskjet Printer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TxTrapper

TxTrapper

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

I am posted this at bleepingcomputer for others to see that may be having a hard time installing a printer driver after a Windows 7 32-bit repair installation.  

Cut & Paste from post on HP website;

HP Deskjet 6540 need driver

‎06-05-2016 04:35 PM

Product Name: HP 6540
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Deskjet-6540-Printer-series/357210/model/357212?s...

Printer still very good condition.  Did Windows 7 repair install now cannot get printer to work.

HP Installation CD is outdated.  Cannot get Windows 7 Home Premium CD to install driver.

Sometimes I can get HP Deskjet 6500 Series to appear in Device Manager then it disappears.

And where is the HP printer drivers located on the Windows 7 Home Premium Disk?

This printer has worked flawlessly for years, worked on this Dell Desktop for years.

Just need a little help.

thanks,

TxTrapper

South Texas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cut and Paste from HP Website;

Re: HP Deskjet 6540 need driver

‎06-05-2016 07:04 PM

I managed to fix it.  What I did was go into REGEDIT and type in "Find"  HP Deskjet

I had to remove about 30 entries.  Then I restarted the computer.

Then I went into "Add a printer" network printer,  \\OxxxxxS-PC\HP Deskjet 6500 Series ... and Windows found the printer

and said to print a test page, and it works now.

TxTrapper

South Texas

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2016 - 10:14 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users