Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Health check...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 4B11TMR

4B11TMR

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

was not sure if i could put this here or in the windows 10 area. Im new to the forums but not new to using BC and its amazing programs on this site.

Im wanting to run a System health check with some of the programs i have installed from BC and have someone on here just check things out for me

just to make sure everything is in working order.

Win 10 Pro  Ver 1511

i7 4770k

16g mem Kingston HB

OS 64bit

Thanks again..

Brian 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 4B11TMR

4B11TMR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

Just got off work and thanks for the fast reply. I think i did this right lol both files uploaded in zip folders.

Now im scared to find something bad lol. The computer runs good just want to make sure you know. I

try and take precautions and i want to make sure nothing bad is on here as i had someone get my CC info and

spend my money and want to make sure its not something on here all my programs are missing

Attached Files

Edited by 4B11TMR, 06 June 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

In general my theory is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I'll make suggestions for updates, but as you're not experiencing problems, I'd suggest that you just bookmark this topic in case you have problems later on.

The best suggestion that I have for you now is to make a good, solid backup (image) of your entire system right now (while the system is working well).  Here's one way (this was just posted by a friend) - but don't fret if it's a bit daunting:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616536/creating-a-windows-backup-image/

That way, should the system have problems, you can restore it to a known good point (after backing up any changes since you made the image). 

I recently setup my new laptop and I made 7 backup images during the setup.  I've trimmed that down to 3 right now, and will delete all but the latest when I'm sure that the system is rock solid stable..

That way I won't have to struggle through the 2 days worth of customizations that I did to make it work like I needed it to work :0)

I've noted 2 minor issues in the Admin logfile:

- old Media Center tasks in Task Scheduler.  You can remove them by doing this:

To stop Media Center tasks from running (and then failing) delete this registry key (as with any deletion, backup the key first):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center

Once you've deleted the above registry key do the following:
- Go to the Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows folder and delete the Media Center folder (as with any deletion, backup the folder first).
- Then delete the Task Scheduler Library...Microsoft...Windows...Media Center task folder within the Task Scheduler (I don't think that you can back this up, but you can export the tasks individually).

- occasional nVidia Streaming Network Service errors.  To fix that:

- download a fresh set of the latest, W10 compatible video drivers for your system.  If using a laptop you'll have to figure out if you must use the laptop manufacturer drivers or the graphics chip drivers (when in doubt, use the graphics drivers from the laptop manufacturer).  Desktops use the drivers from the graphics chip manufacturer.

- uninstall the video drivers from Control Panel...Programs and Features

- use this free program to remove any remnants:  http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

- install the freshly downloaded video drivers

- monitor for further issues.

From the BSOD Inspector reports:

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1505) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

This device has problems in Device Manager:

Corsair Link TM USB Dongle    USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1C00\R3CE0782    The drivers for this device are not installed.

The best solution here is to uninstall any software for this device, then physically remove it from your system.

I say this because there have been BSOD problems with this device in the past.  That being said, BSOD's are relatively rare events, so you may just want to update the drivers and leave it until you see if it causes a problem or not.

Lot's of Windows Update failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 logfile.  This can also be caused by not having the system connected to a network, so the advice here is to check Windows Updates regularly, making sure that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

As you have BitDefender and MalwareBytes products, be advised that there's currently a problem between BitDefender 2016 and MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium.
Don't install both until checking to see if the problem has been fixed (the most info I've seen can be had at the MalwareBytes BSOD forums located here:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/forum/160-bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/ )

You also have ESET Smart Security installed.  Please only install 1 antivirus and 1 firewall

Having more than one can cause them to conflict and cause problems on the system.  In the worst case scenario, then can even allow malware to get onto your system

MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner (along with EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!
If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Any questions?  Feel free to post back with them.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 4B11TMR

4B11TMR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:14 PM

Thanks a ton, didn't think there would be to much wrong on the system. The BitDefender AV is not installed as im running the Eset for my AV but i do run MB and Hitman Pro paid version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users