Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Time to sell iPad and get laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoundtrackLvr

SoundtrackLvr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

hi guys

i'm looking to sell off my ipad and get a new laptop for better suited needs and more power. here is the template

Laptop or Desktop?            laptop

My budget for the new computer is:            at most $2000

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?         mail web browsing streaming games (nothing too crazy maybe grand theft auto but id love to get something that can more than handle the upcoming Friday The 13th game and able to handle without problems my torrenting over seedbox.

What software do you intend on using on the computer?    lots spotify firefox move collector lastpass disc burning software ftp software foobar2000 plex mezzmo trillian skype freemake video converter

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?    yes some action like grand theft auto and older games like roms and point and click games like old school Sierra or LucasArts

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?     a lot of programs running at the same time

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?    both more so video and music

Will you be overclocking?         never tried it dont know how but would try if able to on a laptop so lemme know guys

OS? windows 8.1 cannot be windows 10 or ios can't stand those lol

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?     ios sucks and doesnt fit my needs anymore

EDIT: Need it to display 4k too

Edited by SoundtrackLvr, 05 June 2016 - 07:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:40 PM

EDIT: Need it to display 4k too

Do you mean play 4k media like 4k 60FPS video, output video to a external separate 4K display/TV/monitor natively, or has a built in 4k screen? Perhaps all three? 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#3 SoundtrackLvr

SoundtrackLvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

hello

perhaps all three but definitely built in 4k screen. thanks pal

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

Hmm... ok
I'd look at this ASUS one-
Newegg

Amazon.... out of stock

And this Toshiba one-

Newegg

Amazon

Both companies make pretty decent quality laptops. The Toshiba one has a blue-ray burner, but the ASUS one uses a SSD and a quantum dot screen (good color quality).... 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#5 SoundtrackLvr

SoundtrackLvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

thanks pal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users