Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Commands To Stop Bluetooth Wireless From Turning On - Uninstall & Disable Fails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mjames0

mjames0

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

Hi everyone,

(Specs): OS is win 10 home edition | dell inspiron desktop computer

:blush: :scratchhead:

So, I can't seem to stop bluetooth from turning on when my computer starts - it is only on at certain times, or every other time I turn my computer on.  The program/apps/services used to just stay off, and should still be off since all of the drivers/programs related to bluetooth and/or wifi + wireless are/were uninstalled or disabled - not only that, but, airplance mode is also always on too.  Plus, I've also intentionally deleted the Btooth network connection drivers, have disabled anything obviously related to bluetooth in services, system configuration settings, and even in device manager (all as admin).  "Intel® Wireless Blluetooth®" listed in device manager no-longer lets me do a complete uninstall anymore: the driver now re-installs upon computer start-up/restart after uninstalling, which is unusual, only allowing me to "disable" it at this time.

Still, despite all that, the action center shows the bluetooth icon highlited in blue (on the lower collapsable menu), as turned on;  however, when I go to "all settings",  there is no-longer a btooth menu option to turn it off or on since it's uninstalled - so, how can it still turn on intermittently?!  Please help me shut it all down again...

In short, I'd really just like to know of any specific commands which will allow me to diasble/delete/remove, etc. any (or all) bluetooth apps, programs, or services from loading anymore.   For example, I used to have commands for deleting/disabling bluetooth (and others) in services, but lost the screenshots I once used for reference...can't find the site again either.   Direct instructions here would be great, but youtube videos, or a website link with instructions would also be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance
J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:06 AM

Right click on the Windows logo AKA the start button, select Run
Then type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager

Double click on your computer name (if it's not open already), double click on Bluetooth, right click on the Bluetooth Adapter then click Disable or Enable

This way you can stop and start the Bluetooth Adapter from searching for devices at your convenience.

OR

If you have no use for it then go into the BIOS. Under "Peripheral Devices" and disable Blue Tooth there then Windows won't even see it.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users