Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using a PS3 controller with miscellaneous games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

I have the SCP DS3 wrapper (the old Scarlet Crush one, as the new one wouldn't work) and my DS3 works as an X360 controller. To map the buttons I was using Keysticks, but the free trial ran out. I am trying JoyToKey, but the buttons are so sensitive that one press registers as two. I'd also like to adjust the deadzone for the left analogue stick which I like to use as the gear shifter in racing games. (The tiniest touch in the wrong direction after changing gears changes the gear back to what it was)

(Profiles and game detection would be nice)

Games that support controllers work fine, but mapping buttons for games that don't is the trouble. 

What am I to do? Code my own utility? 

Sony Dualshock 3 Sixaxis Wireless Controller CECHZC2E A1

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

I play:

supports controllers:

PCSX2

DesMuMe

ePSXe

Simraceway (I think? haven't re-downloaded it yet)

doesn't:

Driving Speed 2

Doom 95

Online games like Burnin' Rubber

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM