Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 black screen from Trojan and malware infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaystep

Jaystep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hello all I'd like to say hi and I appreciate all the help you give to support peoples issues hopefully you can help me

I recently got an invite to switch up to win 10 so I did, soon after I got malware infection that I just can't get rid of. I found restarting my computer results in a black screen with cursor and the only way I can fix this is ctrl+alt+Dlt task manager and the only fix I got from there was going SHIFT+restart bar to go into maintance options from there the only affective option for me was to choose a restore point then once I restore I log back in and I got my desktop back, I'm pretty sure this is the malware doing this. From here I run windows defender then I ran malware bytes which found 211 infections and commodo found 2 viruses but then here is the real problem, when the malware tools tell me I have to restart for changes to take affect , I restart and I'm back at the black screen where as the malware was still on my computer because I have to choose a previous restore point overwriting everything I tried to fix it lol hopefully someone can shed some light on what to do I'm at a loss, thank you for your time

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 June 2016 - 07:59 AM.
no need to start a new topic in Am I Infected. moved from Windows 10 Support to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:21 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.
Once they give you a clean bill of health, then post back here for further assistance.

My hope is that, with the experts helping to remove the infections, you can reboot into Windows without the black screen error.

The reason I hope this is that fixing/repairing black screen issues is very difficult, and very frequently doesn't work (so you waste a lot of time, only to give up and wipe the system after weeks of frustration).
At work we no longer attempt to fix them as no customer wants to pay the hourly rate for 2 weeks worth of work, only to be told after a couple of weeks that we have to wipe the system and reinstall Windows.

What we do at work is we try System Restore.  If that doesn't fix it, we offer to backup their data, then wipe the system/reinstall Windows, then merge their data back into the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users