Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezes when starting certain programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MUHn4d0

MUHn4d0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

Hi guys, so since about 2 months after i changed overclock settings certain programs freeze the game( Ichanged them back). I diagnosed for everything but couldn't find a fix. The event manager doesnt even show crashes only me restarting.

The programs: Black Desert Online, UPlay, StarCraft 2 when finished loading into a game, OverWatch Beta(might be unrelated). 

Since I wanted to buy Rainbow Six Siege now I would like to have it resolved. 

The oldest parts are 6 years old, ram and graphics card being new last year. A full wipe was like 2 years ago since i messed up when reinstalling win 10 2 months ago when the issue first arose.

Also since this time my pc doesn't properly boot from my SSD half of the time(It's not found but via boot manager it works). Today i disassembled most of the PC which also didn't solve anything.

OS: Win 10, orignal win 7 then upgraded and 2 months ago reinstalled

CPU:  AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 216 SP 896MB DDR3

Motherboard: ASRock M3A790GXH/128M

PS: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550 W (BQT P7-Pro-550W)

Thanks for your help.

Couldn't attach the files so here(hope the diagnostic worked properly manually zipped it):

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

The download links are in Deutsche (this is an English forum and all of our analysts use English as a common language).  Luckily I spent enough time in Germany that I can understand the prompts - others may not be able to understand it though.
FWIW - you can upload .zip files here.  I don't know about .rar, as I don't use them myself.

Please stop overclocking while we're troubleshooting this problem:

Long ago I learned that the first troubleshooting step in an overclocked system is to remove the overclock. This is for 2 reasons:
1) in case the overclock is at fault (and it hasn't damaged any hardware yet) - this will fix the problem.
2) the tests we use for troubleshooting are based on a standard system operating normally - so an overclocked system won't necessarily give correct results because of the stress on the components. This is why I recommend stopping the overclock completely while troubleshooting.

Also, I found that overclocks will degrade over time - the system just won't be able to hold a high overclock forever. The system will get older and it's tolerance for this sort of stress will lessen - resulting in more errors.

Finally, hardware errors aren't necessarily just hardware, they can be:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS problems (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers)
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

Some systems will "auto" overclock - and I'm seeing more and more of this in Win8 systems.

Please wait until the system freezes, then recover from the freeze and immediately generate this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version P1.90) dates from 2010.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Also, W8/10 communicates with the BIOS/UEFI much more than W7 and earlier.  As such, a problem in the BIOS (if it's not compatible w/W10) can cause problems that aren't fixable (in other words, you may have to revert to W7 to get acceptable performance).

Only 6 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

On 08 May 2016 (at 08:58) you experienced a STOP 0x124 BSOD error

I hope to confirm this with the Admin log that I requested earlier in this post - as there wasn't a memory dump in the uploaded files (nor is one listed in the KernelDumpFiles.txt report).

But, in general, the STOP 0x124 error is most often a hardware error - but it can be caused by compatibility issues, or even by low-level drivers.\

As such, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Edited by usasma, 05 June 2016 - 06:43 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users