Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC crashes while gaming. Please Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BaconBooty

BaconBooty

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

My PC crashes when i play games. For example sometimes it will completely shut down and restart with starting up Skyrim. It will do this a couple times then play fine. Sometimes it will play fine then randomly shut down and restart. No error message just a black screen and restart. It has crashed on Minecraft with no error. It will crash with 2D games like Enter The Gungeon and Hotline Miami but with an error message. I built this PC about a month ago. I was having blue screen errors that would usually have to do with memory before but they have stopped for a week somehow after I took the RAM out and put it back in the other slots and back to the original slots. The temps of my GPU usually are maximum 71C and high 60s for my CPU. There is no dust buildup because it is so new and I have used compressed air on it multiple times to clean it. Sometimes when i tab in and out of skyrim i get an error message saying the NVIDIA driver has stopped and successfully recovered, but it doesnt crash Skyrim. My specs are:

Intel I5 6600k
EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti
EVGA Platinum series 650 Watt power supply
16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM
ASUS Z170-a MOBO
WD 1TB HDD

I think my PSU is not enough wattage or it is faulty. Or possibly my GPU is faulty or doesnt receive enough power. Any help is appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

650 watts should be more than enough just make sure the pci power cords are connected firmly to the card if it requires any

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

Did you build this computer? If so, what brand of PSU did you choose? If your PSU came with the case, then it is definitely the problem as PSUs that are bundled with cases tend to be very low quality.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 BaconBooty

BaconBooty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

Did you build this computer? If so, what brand of PSU did you choose? If your PSU came with the case, then it is definitely the problem as PSUs that are bundled with cases tend to be very low quality.

I built it. The PSU brand is EVGA, it is EVGA P2 80 plus platinum 650 Watt

#5 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

Might me a memory issue you could try running just one stick at a time in various slots while the PC is under stress and see how it acts. I would also test each stick with memtest86. Go through 8 passes for each module. Take note if each module will pass the first 6 passes, and then fail subsequently afterwards. If one of the sticks fails within the 1st six passes you may have a bad stick of memory. Barring of course, that you might have a bad power supply even though new sometimes you can get a flakey one. Only way to know is test it out in aother working system, and likewise test out any different (but capable to handle your GTX 980ti) in your current setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users