Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Problems After Running Spyware Removal Tools.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Option

Option

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

Well I came across getting Spy-Quake2 somehow and used this topic to help lead me through removing it http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47826/how-to-remove-spywarequaked-and-spywarequake-removal-instructions/. I used the Automatic version and it seemed like it worked out well. After doing everything to the end the Pandasoftware scan ended up revealing I had 5 Hacking Tools and potentially unwanted tools and 99 Spyware remaining. I wasnt quite sure what I should do next. I'm still recieving random pop-ups from time to time in the middle of my screen.

Here is the contents of my C:\Program Files\RoguesScanFix\task.txt

Export SharedTaskScheduler key
------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

EDIT:

Also I forgot to add. A program that came on with Spy-Quake is called IntCodec. So I wasnt sure if that is what is continueing to cause my problems or not. If so, how could I go about removing it?

Thanks

Any input would be appriciated on what further steps to take to remove the rest of these unwanted processes.

Thanks for your time.
Chris.

Edited by Option, 09 August 2006 - 07:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,897 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:03 AM

IntCodec 6.0 Information and removal instructions.

What kind of random pop-ups are you still having? Why do they say?
In addition to identified spyware, the Panda scan is probably flagging some of the tools you used in the tutorial as risk tools. ActiveScan does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users
alternate site
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe to install and use the default settings for installation.
  • Run SUPERAntiSypware and update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates".
  • When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
  • There are three scanning options available. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
  • When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Place a checkmark next to items you wish to remove/quarantine and Click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
Post back if your still having problems.

Edited by quietman7, 10 August 2006 - 04:03 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users