Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ransom Ware? Cannot close Internet Explore and Need HELP Now!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hello,

I have just had my first experience with Ransom ware!  I turned on my computer, decided to use Internet Explorer instead of one of my other web-browsers, then typed in www.palottery.com,  then clicked enter, and that is when a message popped up stating: 

"Dear Pennteledata inc. customer,

Your IP: 70.15.203.116 has been blocked

A serious malfunction has been detected with Windows Vista / Server 2008 and you IE 9.0. Please call the toll-free number below for a certified technician to help you resolve the issue.

855-203-2052

For your safety, closing the IE browser has been disabled without support of the certified technician to avoid corruption to the registry of your Windows Vista / Server 2008 operating system

Please contact support at the toll-free Helpline 855-203-2052

DO NOT SHUT DOWN OR RESTART THE COMPUTER, DOING THAT MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND POSSIBLE FAILURE OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM AND POTENTIAL NON BOOTABLE SITUATION RESULTING IN COMPLETE DATA LOSS, CONTACT MICROSOFT CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE CALLING TOLL FREE - 855-203-2052"

I tried closing the above message so I could see the message below, but it keeps popping back up. So I tried to time it just right so when the message window closes and right before it pops back up I was able to take a screen shot of the message window under it. I will enclose the screenshots of both messages.

I do not know if anything made it to my computer or not. I am currently running a scan with MBAM Free and will run a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials. 

I need HELP IMMEDIATELY!!! I need to know if I can turn off my computer with out damaging it and if there is any "BAD Programs" on my computer!

I forgot to mention my operating system is: Windows Vista Home Premium

Edited by Groffeaston, 04 June 2016 - 03:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

MBAM showed nothing and I am unable to post the screen shots at this time. I am currently running a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have not yet tried to close Internet Explorer or tried to restart or turn off my computer. I presume that this "ransom Ware" is just a Hoax/scam to get people to pay money, but Why take a chance!

I did 2 scans with Microsoft Security Essentials and nothing was detected. The first scan showed nothing, but I thought I had missed the screen showing the results so I decided to do another scan and that scan did not detect anything.

I would like to know if it is safe for me to restart my computer or to shut down my computer?

What other scans should I run?

Edited by Groffeaston, 04 June 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

I did a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware free and that only detected cookies. 

I am still unable to post the screen shots that I took of the messages. I guess I will only be able to post them once I receive help from one of the moderators.

#4 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

I guess I posted in the wrong forum sorry!  I did not see the Ransom Ware topic forum!

#5 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

Well, I posted in the Ransomware topic forum section and got a reply. The person who replied thinks I do NOT have Ransomware but thinks it is a scam for support.

here is the link to that topic forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616376/ransom-ware-cannot-close-internet-explore-and-need-help-now/

I tried again to close Internet Explorer and I still cannot close it.  So being there were NO programs detected on my scans something must have been inserted into the web browser to "lock"/"block" it. I do not know if it was just a "Code" or if it was an actual "program" like an "add on". I cannot access Internet Explorer to try and figure it out.

I am still unable to post the screen shots so that someone can look at them to help figure out what it is that is causing this!!

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101° N, 0.2906° W

• Members
  • 5,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

Send a pm to Curie

....and ask for a further look into your system.

Seeing the topic there only finished 3 days ago I am sure that member of the malware response team will be more than willing to take a second look.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users