Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me. My laptop can see my internet, but can't connect to this Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clcast

Clcast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

I have a Toshiba, Qualcomm Atheros AR956x wireless network, Windows 10 and this is the first time I cleaned my laptop since I got the laptop 9 months ago. I did 8 hours ago with ccleaner (both the cookies, registry, free space) and also scanned for virus with avast. I've always had avast installed since I got my laptop.
Afterwards, I was able to connect to the Internet. 2 hours ago, I changed r
the password to my hotspot and it just won't connect anymore. I'm connecting via my iPhone hotspot. I have been using my hotspot and my laptop for more than 9 months without any problem. Each time I try to connect, I see that it is trying to connect but breaks off(I know because at that point, my antivirus connect for a second and drop off).

Please can someone help me? I am not a computer guru, I don't even know what to do or where to go to in the computer. I tried to forget the network and reconnect, I rebooted my laptop and iPhone but it's not working. I checked various forum to see if someone's situation fits mine- from a forum, I saw a comment to check your ipconfigure on run, I did, it says media disconnected.
Please I need help.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 June 2016 - 02:13 PM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Clcast

Clcast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:54 PM

I went to the control panel, recovery and restore back the previous setting. My laptop is connected now. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users