Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook Pop-Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Castle Robin

Castle Robin

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

Prominently lately, the moment I visit Facebook web pages in general, a pop-up appears. 

When it first appeared several months ago, clicking on delete "History" then refreshing the page cleared the pop-up.

Now, the pop-up appears the moment I visit any pages (regardless of whether I use Pale Moon, my preferred browser or Comodo Ice Dragon, so it can't be browser related), regardless of whether I delete my History folder:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCR2

When I scroll down the page "See more of..." appears, in this case BBC Radio 2. 

See more of BBC Radio 2 by logging in to Facebook
Message this Page, learn about upcoming events and more. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can create one to see more of this Page.

As I scroll down the page the status adds "Not Now", but I can't find an option to block the pop-up to enable a full screen free of pop-ups:

See more of BBC Radio 2 by logging in to Facebook

Message this Page, learn about upcoming events and more. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can create one to see more of this Page.

Not Now

If I click on "Not Now" the pop-up is moved to the bottom of the screen, but isn't eliminated altogether, unless Facebook have decided to impose this pop-up full-time since.

This web page isn't affected for some reason:

https://www.facebook.com/tony.blackburn.33

Edited by Castle Robin, 04 June 2016 - 09:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

Seems like a certificate problem. The page isn't recognizing you as signed in. Try from another OS ?

I think Trikein meant 'another browser'

Edit by Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 07 June 2016 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users