Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard malfunctioning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4437171409

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hello everyone, yesterday I started having a problem with my keyboard. Out of nowhere when im playing my character starts walking randomly in 1 direction and sometimes when im typing too. I've changed keyboards and mouses but the problem still persists. What could this be ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4437171409

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

I noticed another thing also. For example, if I hold down W for 1s it types in sooooooo many W's. I've already changed keyboard repeat rate and speed but it didn't help at all.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

It could be your keyboard drivers are throwing a wobbly.

First, find your way to 'Device Manager. since you don't say what OS you are using - or indeed give any details about your computer - I cannot be specific, but generally RIGHT click on 'Computer' and then select 'Device manager' or 'Manage' then select 'Device manager'. When you open it, have a look for any yellow '!' or red 'x' against the entry for keyboard. If there are, expand the keyboard entry until you can 'see' your keyboard, double click on it and choose 'Drivers' from the gray dialogue box that will appear.

In the 'Driver' panel, at the bottom, you will see 'Uninstall drivers', click on this and accept any warnings you may get and uninstall the driver(s). Then re-boot. The drivers will re-install themselves as the computer starts up again. If this doesn't solve the problem there are other things that can be tried.

Holding any key down for 1s will produce a significant number of keystrokes !  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as an example.

When you post back please include the make, model and OS of your computer.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users