Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling a program

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jeannot18

jeannot18

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

Hi guys, completely stucked on that one. I have installed a Android Emulator on my Windows 10 PC. It's a program called MeMu made by Microvirt. Every time i start the program it freezes my PC so i want to get rid of it. I cannot find the program in Add and Remove program in the control panel. If i double click on uninstall in the folder of the program nothing happens. I have downloaded something called Zsoft uninstaller but it also cannot find the program. I have Googled it and nothing really comes up with a solution
Could anyone help me with that?

J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Install Everything

When it finishes installing....run it....it will do a scan first...it is quite quick.....when the scan finishes type the name of the program in the spot at the top....it should find the name almost immediately.

Right click and delete.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

Folders that were found:
C:\Program Files\Microvirt
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MEmu

Usually the following files remain on disk:
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\7za.exe
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\adb.exe
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\AdbWinApi.dll
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\AdbWinUsbApi.dll

Registry keys that is not cleaned:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MEmu

Look at these places.

#4 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

Install Everything

When it finishes installing....run it....it will do a scan first...it is quite quick.....when the scan finishes type the name of the program in the spot at the top....it should find the name almost immediately.

Right click and delete.

So is deleting all the files associated to Memu enough?

#5 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

Folders that were found:
C:\Program Files\Microvirt
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MEmu

Usually the following files remain on disk:
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\7za.exe
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\adb.exe
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\AdbWinApi.dll
C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\AdbWinUsbApi.dll

Registry keys that is not cleaned:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MEmu

Look at these places.

Sorry Kaljukass, but that's above my pay grade :scratchhead: What shall i do with those, I can see where Memu has been installed

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

So is deleting all the files associated to Memu enough?.....That will certainly knock the stuffing out of it.....In addition to that try copy and pasting the Files and Folders that Kaljukass has provided.......if any are found simply right click and delete.  Leave the registry keys alone.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

So is deleting all the files associated to Memu enough?.....That will certainly knock the stuffing out of it.....In addition to that try copy and pasting the Files and Folders that Kaljukass has provided.......if any are found simply right click and delete.  Leave the registry keys alone.

Thanks, done that now, only a few files i cannot delete (see screenshot) ignore the entry for QuickTime

Attached Files

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

both of those entries are on the D drive....not C

I would assume that C is your main hdd

Is D an external hdd....or another partition on your C drive...?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#9 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

both of those entries are on the D drive....not C

I would assume that C is your main hdd

Is D an external hdd....or another partition on your C drive...?

It's a secondary drive, first time i installed it on the C drive, then someone told me to re-install to see if the uninstall option would work, so i installed it on the D Drive

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

Install Everything on the D drive and repeat the procedure.

That should leave the whole thing clean.

I am heading for snoozey land (bed)....will check your topic tomorrow morning (Australian time)

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:51 AM

Install Everything on the D drive and repeat the procedure.

That should leave the whole thing clean.

I am heading for snoozey land (bed)....will check your topic tomorrow morning (Australian time)

Thanks, enjoy your ZZZZZ time

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Any success with scanning D drive ?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

Any success with scanning D drive ?

Hi Condobloke. Yes but there is still a few things i cannot delete, I have tried in the CMD windows using the following: D: \Program Files\rmdir /q/s Microvirt
It says that Access is denied. I am a bit worried because Microvirt is run by Chinese and I know that they are masters of hacking computer (i know i am a bit paranoid) but why would the access be denied
I am attaching a couple of screenshot.

J

Attached Files

Edited by jeannot18, 06 June 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

You can try reinstall the program this may repair broken uninstallation or repair program it self you can also force uninstall with Revo Uninstaller program.

Posted Image

#15 jeannot18

jeannot18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

You can try reinstall the program this may repair broken uninstallation or repair program it self you can also force uninstall with Revo Uninstaller program.

Already tried this and did not work. I haven't got the program anymore i have deleted everything except for those few files (see screenshots from my previous post)

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users