Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Issues after Update?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jackehboy

Jackehboy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

Well, my computer decided it was going to update itself to windows 10 without me saying yes about two weeks ago. It started to grow on me up until today.

Today I have encountered the following issues.

Sound randomly stops working, then I unplug my speakers and it works again. (Stops working ~15-30 mins) Also streaming any video youtube/netflix also stops aswell. :\

Now I can not click on my start menu at all, nothing comes up and all my short cuts I had saved photoshop/chrome etc are gone. 

Even when I run a program it disappears on my task bar and is no where to be found..

PLEASE HELP!

Edited by Jackehboy, 03 June 2016 - 11:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Download easy service optmizer, save it to your desktop and unzip it there. Right click it and run as admin, then select tweaked at the bottom. Then click on the rocket, this will turn off a lot of useless items.

BC6xQdy.png

You will however need to change one setting. Right Click on Wlansvc — WLAN AutoConfig, then select start service, the edit service.

Make sure it is automatic across the board, as per the picture.

YJjG3hv.png

At this point you should reboot your computer again, to ensure all changes are made to the system.

Ccleaner To disable Useless Startups.

Go ahead and install ccleaner Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.

CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform
kwLN4uv.png

Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up then under the Windows Tab select each item then disable. Also under the scheduled task tab, you are safe to disable all task. Only disable items under the windows tab and scheduled task tab!

GjWwvEu.png

Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.

To do this:

• Hit options.
  • Settings.
  • Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Lxioao1.png

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

SnqZ2JW.png

Reboot the machine after.

Also, since this is windows 10. I would certainly take a look here.

If you are tired of ads then.....

Alternate DNS Server. Ad Blocking DNS.

Ublock Origin.

Anti Ad Block Killer.

In Ccleaner make sure and disable monitoring.

lJgwZdn.png

#3 Jackehboy

Jackehboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

I cant even open up my start menu to get to my device manager just to see if a driver is out of date.... ugh :(

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:56 PM

Can you access the machine in safe mode with networking and download the tools? You can also use this tool if needed, you can transfer it via a usb storage device or cd dvd if you can not download it normally.

#5 Jackehboy

Jackehboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:00 AM

Can you access the machine in safe mode with networking and download the tools? You can also use this tool if needed, you can transfer it via a usb storage device or cd dvd if you can not download it normally.

Cant download it. Says network error when it downloads lol.

Why do I need a task killer? 

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:02 AM

Task killer program will bypass most crap and may allow you to download... Not suggesting that you have malware, it may just be the key to getting started working on your machine.

#7 Jackehboy

Jackehboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:05 AM

Task killer program will bypass most crap and may allow you to download... Not suggesting that you have malware, it may just be the key to getting started working on your machine.

I just downloaded RKiller and ran it. Picked up Adwcleaner from Toolslib and running it now. :\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users