Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt Recycle Bin on E?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blnd_E

Blnd_E

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

I haven't had my MS Surface Pro 3 for long & I was just cleaning stuff on my xHD. I went to eject & had an extra selection:

Open Devices and Printers
Eject My Passport
- My Passport (E:)
- Eject CD Drive (D:) WD Unlocker

Why do I have 2 choices?

I restarted computed & when I opened there was a dialog box stating,

Recycle Bin
"The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"

If my drive wasn't corrupted before why is it stating that now?
Could I have opened a bad file?
Moved a file inappropriately?
Ideas?

I'm scared to say "yes" & lose important information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

I believe the WD passport drives create a virtual CD drive for the software included on the drive. I disabled the virtual drive in Device Manager because it was giving me fits when doing system image backups to the drive. Try disabling D: in Device Manager.

Edited by JohnC_21, 03 June 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#3 Blnd_E

Blnd_E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

What does disabling Drive D have to do with Drive E?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

WD software creates a virtual CD drive. On letter is the virtual drive and the other is the actual letter assigned to the WD drive. I am not sure disabling the virtual CD will solve your problem but I personally did it because it was giving my imaging software problems.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/utilitiesstep1.asp?id=wdfMP_Essential&os=WIN

If the recycle bin is still corrupted see this page. Make sure you are typing the command correctly or you could be deleting files that you don't want deleted. Substitute E: for C: in the command.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/recycle-bin-is-corrupted-windows

Edited by JohnC_21, 10 June 2016 - 06:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users